A New Year’s celebration wouldn't be celebratory without champagne and eggnog. How about having some bubbly with a luscious Eggnog Pound Cake preceded, perhaps, with a Green & Spiced Cocktail concocted by a mixologist from Avenue Restaurant? It’s the perfect treat to toast in 2014 on a cold, wintry night. The Eggnog Pound Cake is a delicious new twist on this rich, creamy drink.
Eggnog Pound Cake
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3 cups granulated organic sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups (339 g) cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup alcoholic eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons golden rum (recommend Mount Gay Rum)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Cut butter into chunks and cream. Gradually add sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Stir together flour and nutmeg. Alternate flour and eggnog: one cup flour, 1/2 cup eggnog, one cup flour, the rest of the eggnog, and then the rest of the flour. Keep the mixer going slowly, scraping down the edges as necessary.
4. Stir in the vanilla and the rum,
5. Pour into prepared pan(s) and place on the cookie sheet in the preheated oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes until test pin comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan; then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Adapted from recipe by Jessica Gordon Ryan
Green & Spiced Cocktail (courtesy of Avenue Restaurant)
- 4 oz. Hot Organic Ceylon Green Tea
- 1 oz. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- ½ oz. Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao
- 1 oz. Vermont Maple Syrup
- Garnish: Orange Twist
Combine all ingredients in a tea cup.
Enjoy this article? Please share with your family and friends. To receive up-to-date food and restaurant news, enter your e-mail address above and visit Shore Region Restaurant Examiner, Hudson Valley Restaurant Examiner and TastefulLiving.net.