1. Life
  2. Society & Culture
  3. Gender Issues

Welcome back Whitney Houston!

The energy seems to be different today. There is a welcoming for Ms. Whitney Houston, a multi-Grammy winning singer/actress with such hits as “The Greatest Love of All” and “I’m Saving All My Love For You.” Perhaps after Britney Spear’s breakdown a few years ago, and Michael Jackson’s recent death, we are beginning to understand that celebrities though icons in our eyes are merely human. Yes, Houston has made mistakes but the important thing is she survived and she’s back!

After a nearly 10-year hiatus Whitney Houston is back on the stage and will mark her return with an interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Monday, September 14th discussing where she’s been all these years and what she’s learned from all the controversy.

Houston appears to have come far from the infamous interview with Diane Sawyer in 2002, where three words, “crack is wack” brought about media hysteria. Internet chartrooms, blogs, magazines, newspapers, everyone was talking about Whitney Houston’s drug addiction. Yet after all the drama, Whitney Houston is still here.

Houston recently appeared on Good Morning America singing to a cheering crowd. When asked by Diane Sawyer, how she was doing she said she is well. When Sawyer expressed her concern, Houston simply replied, “If you know God then don’t be worried.” Although she has received critique about the GMA performance, her fans are still loyal.

Whitney, take back what the locusts have eaten and do what you do best. Sing! I’ll be rooting for you!

To learn more about Houston's new album, "I Look To You" visit her website @ http://www.whitneyhouston.com/us/home

Comments

• Nina Coppola 4 years ago

I've been hearing about Houston making a comeback but wasn't sure what it was about. Thanks for the information!
    Also, I have added you to my e-mail subscription for articles and was wondering if you could do the same for me. Our topics are similar, and it's a good way to help eachother out by subscribing and commenting. Let me know what you think! My e-mail is coppolne@gmail.com.

• Savannah Jackson 4 years ago

Yes indeed! The Queen of R&B has returned and she will stomp out all competition!! xoxo

• PHENOM 4 years ago

THANX for the positve Vibe you giving for ms Houston...you one out of many reporters that i know thats giving postive energy about Whitney and us Whitney fans thank you admire you and give u very much respect for it...THE POP/R&B DIVA HAS RETURN TO THE THROWN.........WHITNEY HOUSTON WE LOVE YOU

• sfds 4 years ago

fdsfsf

• edwin perez 4 years ago

whitney,....am so happy to know that you are back i cant wate to here you sing i love all your songs some make me cried some stand the heirs off my hands. i cant wate to see you, love you always, your # 1 fan for ever.i miss u so much ,i cant wate.

• Sandra 4 years ago

Whitney and other shallow brained performing addicts have made a pretty good living talking about their many rehabs. A good racket if you can break in, I suppose. Please, this column is pretty boring. Write about Mother Elena, or someone who is really inspiring.

Life

• ESPYS party
    Athletes and celebrities hit the red carpet at Body at the ESPYS party
    Today's Buzz
  • Using metalic paint
    Metallic paint can be used to refinish furniture or to create the illusion of a larger space
    Camera
    5 Photos
  • Gardening
    Have you ever started a garden and found a lone tomato straggler in with the strawberries?
    Camera