Do we breed them or just attract them?
The sunshine state seems to be the prime location for downright weird in 2012. Although 2013 is well under way, are we to expect a repeat of last year or will it be even worse? Some of the events that go beyond strange to tragic will make one wonder if there is something more than fluoride in the water or pollen in the air. Here's a list of some of the craziness:
- One of the state’s most shocking, is Miami's man eating face story, A man attacked a homeless man and chewed off most of his face before police fatally shot him.
Roach overdose A man who collapsed after winning a cockroach-eating contest last month at a Florida pet store choked to death, according to a Broward County Medical Examiner report released declared the winner of an ivory-ball python.
- Lousy sex can get you killed In Bradenton Fla 50-year-old woman, allegedly struck her 32-year-old boyfriend after he reportedly “finished first and stopped pleasuring her.”
- A way to get free "cell" minutes A man broke into a nail salon Sunday and stole $600 but unwittingly left behind a major clue: his cell phone, police said. After the burglary, according to authorities, the thief then casually went next door to the Boynton Diner on East Woolbright Road and counted the money while eating breakfast.
- Manatee cowgirl: Giddy up slow poke. Read about the woman that got arrested riding a manatee
- When you reallly gotta run Police say a driver told them he left the scene of a crash to avoid another kind of accident. The Gainesville Sun reports 29-year-old told police he had "the runs" early Tuesday when his car hit another car and some nearby newspaper boxes. He was charged with DUI, hit and run and leaving the scene of an accident involving an injury.
- STUART, Fla. —A 480-pound Martin County woman has died after emergency workers tried to remove her from the couch where she had remained for about six years.
- Turkey killers Police locked up two teens who allegedly shot and killed Tom the turkey, a beloved bird on the Caponi family's property in Santa Rosa County on Monday, according to the Pensacola News Journal.
- When Pork chops kill A Florida man who allegedly killed his roommate during an argument over a pork chopmarks the second time meat may have been the motive for murder in the last three months in the United States.
- What Not to take for "Show and Tell" : A father in St. Petersburg, FL. hide Marijuana it in his kid’s backpack. The child went to school with 3 ounces of pot and a weight scale in the backpack. The kid went up to the teacher and said “Look what I got”.
- Record setting taxi ride. A suspected Jacksonville bank robber rode to the heist in a taxi with a man he owed $400. He told the man he needed to go to the bank to get the money, so the two rode there in a cab, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Once at the BB&T bank, the robber left the other man alone in the cab and went inside, where he handed a teller a note demanding cash.