Dr. Mark Hyman said you can jump-start your weight loss and lose 10 pounds in 10 days on his detox diet on the Feb. 24 episode of the Dr. Oz Show ("The Detox Diet to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast").
Dr. Mark Hyman, author of the 10-Day Detox Diet, told Dr. Oz you can burn belly fat and lose 10 pounds in 10 days by eliminating sugar, wheat, and processed foods from your diet.
Some animal studies show that sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine. Sugar is the new nicotine. Sugar is the new fat — except fat is not addictive in the way that sugar is. And worse, sugar actually causes diabetes and obesity.”
Two women in the audience said they lost 10 pounds on the 10-Day Detox Diet. Dr. Hyman said he saw similar results with a group of 100 dieters he tested while writing his book.
Hyman, who also wrote The Ultrasimple Diet, joins a growing list of respected medical experts (including Dr. Oz) who say a high-carb, sugar-rich diet is responsible for today's alarming epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and Alzheimer's.
Dr. Hyman's 10-Day Detox Diet involves the following:
- Eliminate processed foods.
- Avoid any food or drink that contains sugar in any form, including honey, molasses, agave, maple syrup and artificial sweeteners.
- Don't consume hydrogenated oils or refined vegetable oils like corn and soybean.
- Eliminate gluten, all flours and all grains.
- Don't consume any dairy.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and legumes.
Dr. Oz said the 10-day detox diet allows high-quality proteins like chicken, fish, eggs, and shrimp, and unlimited quantities of non-starchy vegetables. In addition to rapid weight loss, you'll enjoy high energy, good mood, and radiant skin by eliminating toxins.
“You are only a few days away from health and happiness if you eat real food,” said Dr. Hyman. “In just 10 days, you can see how persuasive the connection is between what you eat and how you feel.”
Dr. Hyman’s Detox Protein Breakfast Shake
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsps chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 walnuts
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tbsp raw coconut butter
- 1/2 cup water.
Fat-Burning Supplements Boost Weight Loss and Curb Hunger
Dr. Oz suggested using the following fat-burning supplements to suppress appetite and enhance satiety:
- Konjac root powder. Konjac root (also known as glucomannan) is a gluten-free soluble fiber that contains no calories, starch, protein, fat, or sugar. Konjac powder induces a full feeling (so you can't overeat) and has been shown to control blood-sugar levels, making it ideal for people with diabetes.
- Chromium. Chromium is a mineral that has been shown to regulate blood sugar and insulin, which is a critical component of Dr. Hyman's 10-day detox diet. “If you balance blood sugar, the weight loss is automatic,” he said.
- Fat-blasting probiotic. Dr. Oz said the probiotic lactobacillus gasseri boosts metabolism, melts belly fat, reduces inflammation, and blocks fat production.