- Gratitude Day Party from 2pm to 6pm. Free admission at The Grid located 351 W Hubbard St Chicago, IL 60654. RSVP is recommended. Indulge in delicious food, great drinks, and swanky atmosphere at this new lounge.
- The Night of the Metador from 9pm to midnight. Tickets are $40 advance purchase or $50 at the door. Tavernita at 151 West Erie Street will be hosting the cocktail attire event. The event will benefit Equestrian Connection, a charity in Lake Forest that improves the physical, mental and emotional well-being of those with disabilities and improves their quality of life by providing equine therapeutic programs.
- The Midwest Wedding Expo and Fashion Show from 12pm to 4pm in Downers Grove, IL. Admission is free when you register up to 4 online. Otherwise, at the door the cover is $10. Ashyana Banquets at 1620 75th Street in Downers Grove is the location to be.
- Join Daddy Mac Climbers to fundraise and benefit the American Lung Association from 4pm to 6pm. Tickets are $30 each and include two hours of all you can drink Revolution Beers, appetizers, entertainment, and a goody bag to take home. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door.
- Train Hapkido with Grand Master Gary Keller from noon to 2pm. Tickets are $50 in advance. Reserve your space by calling 773 331 3250. The workshop takes place at Hapkido School, 3008 North Elston Avenue in Chicago.
- Join Autism Speaks for an evening with the stars watching the Oscars at the Intercontinental O'Hare Hotel from 5:30pm. An Evening with the Stars is the only Oscar-themed fundraiser in Chicagoland to benefit children and families struggling with autism, a neurological disorder that affects 1 out of every 88 children. Hosting this year’s event are ABC’s “190 North” Mark Nilsson, Emmy award-winning host of WGN-TV's Chicago's Best Ted Brunson and Chicago Comedienne/OWN Network star, Patti Vasquez. Brunson and Vasquez both have a personal connection to autism. Tickets begin at $200 for individuals and sponsorships at $1500 to $10,000 for tables of 4 to 10 people. Other VIP guests scheduled to attend An Evening with the Stars include (in alpha order, at press time): Actor and personality Aaron Freeman; Former Denver Broncos Cornerback, Dave Blaha; Former Washington Redskins and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver, Charlie Brown; Former Chicago Bear, Allan Ellis; Former Chicago Bears tight end, Brian Glasgow; Former Chicago Bears running back Mark Greene; Telemundo's Oscar Guzman; Former Chicago Bears wide receiver, Ike Hill; Former Chicago Bear John Janata; Miss Illinois USA 2013, Stacie Juris; Former Chicago Bears wide receiver Glen Kozlowski; Actor Joe Mantegna (via video); State Representative, Karen May; Former Minnesota Vikings tight end, Marc May; Grammy Award Winner & Co-Founder of Survivor & Ides of March, Jim Peterik; WGN TV, WGN Radio and Chicago Tribune entertainment reporter Dean Richards (via video); Former Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers OT, Reggie Smith; Former Buffalo Bills OT, Marques Sullivan; Former Chicago Bears tight end Jim Thornton; Former Atlanta Falcons, Rams and Steelers running back, Tim Tyrrell; and Former Chicago Bears corner back, Donnell Woolford. For reservations, contact Autism Speaks at 224 567 8573.
- Liz Apparel line and event presents Cakes and Cocktails where you will learn about spirits and pairings, take blind tastings, sample cocktails and make even your own signature drinks. 100% of the proceeds will benefit Be Greater Project, Inc., a nonprofit organization working towards youth excellence in sports and education. The location for the event is 2150 South Canalport Avenue, Suite 2A-13, in Chicago. The cost is $20 per person and the event runs from 6pm to 9pm. The event is every fourth sunday, and in March, the theme will be Tequila as for tonight will be Rum.
- Join for a fun hands-on class exploring vegan baking with Chef Melissa Schwenk from 6pm to 9pm PST. The Vegan Baking 101 Class is $50 and located at Centered Chef, 177 North Ada Street in Chicago.
- Sip a glass of wine after work at Tocco with some friends from 6pm to 8pm. It is free admission with RSVP. Tocco is located at 1266 North Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago.
- Have a girls night out benefitting the American Heart Association with B96 and KHiTS from 7pm to 10pm. Tickets are $20 general admission or $35 for a VIP ticket. The event will take place at Alhambra Palace Restaurant. Must be 21 or older to attend.