What to do on the weekends….in the winter!? Well fortunately I’ve scoured my sources to find you a few events that could take your weekend from drab to fab. Whether you are looking for a family event or a date night, I have some ideas for you.
- Two Dudes, Two Views: The Magic Valley Arts Council is featuring a local father and son. This exhibit will show off Ron Hicks and Jason Hicks art work. Take the family out for some art culture. There may not be many art museums around here but what could be better than learning about art from a local artist.
Location: 195 River Vista Place, Twin Falls (Twin Falls Center for the Arts)
This event is free
- Whimsical: An Exhibit of Epic Appeals: The Full Moon Gallery of Fine Arts and Contemporary Craft is hosting two artists at the Twin Falls Center for the Arts. This exhibit will feature new work by Full Moon Gallery, guest artist Robin Dober (owner of Hands On) and guest artist Glenn Carter. Robin Dober makes work of art with glass that are beautiful and functional. Glenn Carter creates masterpieces from carving wood.
Fiday 10 am-6 pm
Saturday 10 am-3 pm
Location: 195 River Vista Place, Twin Falls (On the Second floor)
This event is free
- Saturday Movie Matinee: The Twin Falls Public Library is having a movie matinee. Take the whole family to the library check out some books and watch a movie.
For movie title call: 733-2964 ext 109
Saturday at 3 pm
Location: 201 4th Ave E, Twin Falls
- Relay For Live Dove/Sun Cancer Fighters: Play games and help raise money (or donate I should say) for a good cause. Head on down to the Lonesome Dove Saloon & Grill to support the fundraiser Relay for Life. This event features a “Tink” pool, cash prizes for top players, prizes, and possible balloon pop.
Fee: $7.50 + quarters
Location: 600 Main Ave N, Twin Falls
- Take a trip up to Dimondz Event Center in Jerome. This Saturday they will be featuring some awesome country music by The Fugitives with 6 strings to Life. This event is open to ages 15+ with an parent or guardian, 18+ otherwise, and a Full Bar for 21+ with valid ID. There is no smoking in the bar but they have a nice heated outdoor smoking area in the courtyard. Don’t worry about the driving to and from Jerome….Diamondz has a nice shuttle that will take you to and from the event (to surrounding areas).
Saturday 7:30 pm
Fee: $5.00 cover at the door
Location: 220 W Main St, Jerome