Friday, March 15th:
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater will feature classic pieces at the Roosevelt University's Auditorium at 50 East Congress Parkway. The performance starts at 7:30pm and tickets start at $32.
- The Chicago Flower and Garden Show is displaying creative gardens, water features, and new ideas for a patio, balcony, or a yard. The exhibit takes place at the Navy Pier at 600 East Grand Avenue and goes until March 17th. Tickets are $17 for adults and $5 for children. The exhibit is open from 10am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and Sunday until 6pm.
- The Hubbard Street and LINES Ballet will be performing at The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park. Performance starts at 8pm and tickets start at $25.
- Head out to Localicious at the UIC Forum located at 725 West Roosevelt Road and enjoy some great food from local farmers at the Good Food Festival celebrating local farmers. The event is at 7pm and tickets are $90 at the door or $75 in advance.
- The European Union Film Festival is still going on until March 28th and its playing at the Gene Siskel Film Center at 164 North State. Dates and times vary but there is a complete schedule on their website. Tonight, there are four films playing: 6pm, 6:15pm and two at 8pm.
- As well, Festival of New Spanish Cinema will be featured at the Gene Siskel Film Center until April 3rd. Dates and times vary and the schedule is viewable online. Tickets are $11.
- Enjoy the city's best music, dance, and theater in a kid-friendly setting at the Chicago Cultural Center from 10am. Admission is free.
Saturday, March 16th:
- See the 9th annual Chicago Blues Festival at Arie Crown Theater located at 2301 Lake Shore Drive. The show begins at 8pm and tickets start at $52.50
- Celebrate St Patrick's Day on a cruise with the Shoreline Sightseeing Company at Navy Pier. You will ride along the green river either pre or post parade, enjoying the beautiful architecture of Chicago. A traditional Irish buffet will be served, a cash bar with Guiness, and Irish drinks will be available. The cruise is available at 10am and 2pm. Tickets start at $49.
- The dyeing of the Chicago River will take part between Columbus and Wacker Drives when 45 pounds of vegetable dye colors the water green. Afterwards, festivities will round up a parade with floats and flags to the sound of bagpipes. The dyeing of the river will start at 10:45am and the parade will be at noon.
- A new exhibit called Flamenka NY at Instituto Cervantes of Chicago located at 31 West Ohio Street will feature contemporary female flamenco artists who live, perform, or teach in New York. A wine reception will follow the grand opening. The exhibit will start at 9am and go until 1pm. Admission is free.
Sunday, March 17th:
- Celebrate India's culture at the Crystal Gardens Navy Pier located 600 East Grand Avenue. You will see lively performances, colorful costumes, and taste authentic cuisine. The event will go on from noon to 5pm. Admission is free.
- The Northwest side Irish parade will take place at 6634 West Raven Street.
- The House of Blues World Famous Gospel Brunch will feature omelette stations and homemade waffles to fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. The brunch has two times: 10am and 12:30pm. Tickets start at $37.50