What's better than weekend brunch? Weekend brunch starring comforting Mexican food and it doesn't get much better than at Mercadito which has recently added a number of new dishes to its shareable brunch menu. Choose traditional Mexican favorites like Enchiladas and Sopa de Tortilla (tortilla soup) and a new selection of Cazuelitas or “Mini Skillets” like the Carnitas Hash with crispy potato, braised pork, fried egg, and sautéed onion. Mercadito serves the family-style brunch (choice of any three items for $13.50; $19.50 to add a cocktail) on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The River North hotspot offers a bit of everything from tacos and guacamoles to new brunch dishes such as the build-your-own taco experience of the Taquiza de Pollo, served with scrambled eggs, chicken tinga, tomatillo pico de gallo and the choice of two salsas and the Hongos Omelette with wild mushrooms, roasted tomato, Chihuahua and Oaxaca cheeses and leek-huitlacoche salsa.
Take a look at this list of new dishes:
- Taquiza De Pollo: scrambled eggs, chicken tinga, tomatillo pico de gallo, choice of two salsas
- Huevos Rancheros: sunny-side-up eggs, corn soft tortilla, black bean hash, salsa roja and salsa verde
- Huevos Al Gusto: eggs any style, Mexican bread (add Mexican cheese, choice of chorizo or smoked bacon)
- Enchiladas: shredded chicken, chile-guajillo sauce, avocado, crema fresca, red onions and Chihuahua & Oaxaca cheeses
- Sopa De Tortilla ($10.50): crispy tortilla strips, chicken, avocado, queso fresco, onion cilantro and chile guajillo broth
- Carnitas Hash: crispy potato, braised pork, fried egg and sautéed onion
- Butternut Squash Omelette: bacon, manchego cheese and creamy poblano sauce
- Hongos Omelette: wild mushrooms, roasted tomato, chihuahua & oaxaca cheeses and leek-huitlacoche salsa
- Chorizo Omelette: potato, poblano rajas, queso fresco, black bean salsa
108 W. Kinzie St.