In one of the slower box office weekends in recent weeks, with no big budget action or superhero films to draw out the masses, the romantic comedy “Think Like a Man Too” was the number one movie. The ensemble comedy, a sequel to “Think Like a Man”, was quite successful, grossing $30 million; although that isn’t quite as much as its predecessor, with opened with $33 million.
Last weekend’s number one movie, another comedy sequel, “22 Jump Street”, fell to second, but still performed very well, almost being the number one movie again with $29 million. The weekend’s other big new movie, the Clint Eastwood adaptation of the Tony Award-winning musical “Jersey Boys”, did about as well as can be expected given its limited appeal to the average summer movie audience and lackluster reviews. The movie, which tells the story of the band The Four Seasons, opened in fourth with $13.5 million.
The complete list of the top 12 movies at the box office this weekend is below. Click the links to read my full review of each film.
1. “Think Like a Man Too”: $30 million
2. “22 Jump Street”: $29 million
3. “How to Train Your Dragon 2”: $25.3 million
4. “Jersey Boys”: $13.5 million
5. “Maleficent”: $13 million
6. “Edge of Tomorrow”: $10.3 million
7. “The Fault in Our Stars”: $8.6 million
8. “X-Men: Days of Future Past”: $6.2 million
9. “Chef”: $1.84 million
10. “Godzilla”: $1.82 million
11. “A Million Ways to Die in the West”: $1.6 million
12. “Neighbors”: $1.3 million
Check out showtimes for these movies and more at the following St. Louis-area theaters.
- Wehrenberg Theatres
- AMC Theatres
- Regal Movie Theatres
- Galleria 6
- Chase Park Plaza
- Granite City
- Moolah Theatre
- Hi-Pointe Theatre
- St. Andrews Cinema
- Plaza Frontenac Cinema
- Tivoli Theatre
For more info, visit Box Office Mojo, or feel free to email me. For updates on my latest articles, click the subscribe button at the top of this page. You can also follow me on the following websites: