Best Kept Secret: Accokeek Colonial Farm.
Accokeek Colonial Farm.
- Vacation is the ideal time to celebrate the majestic outdoors. Visiting a natural environment: a first step for a wonderful fitness and healthy beginning.
The surrounding areas of Washington offer many wonderful outdoor places to simply explore and visit. What is great with these places is that they are family oriented and friendly. For a healthy and relaxing vacation there is no need to go far or spend a lot of money. Simply discover and enjoy this wonderful serene place.
- The Accokeek Colonial farm is one of Washington best kept secret. It is located at Piscataway Park, 3400 Bryan Point Road, Accokeek, MD 20607.
Located only 20 minutes from Washington DC, the Accokeek colonial farm is:
- Certified organic.
This one of a kind environment offers children and adults alike multiple ways to stay healthy and be happy. Here is a partial list of activities:
- Walking through trail
- Farm animals.
- Organic gardening, and much more.
Learn, relax, renew and enjoy!
A commitment to natural resources.
Thousands of volunteer participate to maintain the natural resources using innovative farming techniques, sweat and courage.
- The Accokeek Foundation's eight acre certified organic farm offers quality, seasonable fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables, for a fraction of grocery store price. Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm.
Accokeek park: July 12: Legendary Pride of Baltimore II.
- The legendary ship will be there to welcome and surprise everyone. It played a critical role in the War of 1812.
- Saturday, July 12, 2014, from 11 am through 5 pm
A family-oriented event featuring deck tours, life of sailors and so on.
- Call the Accokeek Foundation at 301-283-2113. Angela Barnes will be happy to provide further information.
- General admission is $10 per person. 10 and under free.