(note: you may learn more about the history of WEAR-TV or revisit some of their history by visiting the previous Mobile TV Examiner article about the anniversary titled "Sixtieth anniversary of WEAR-TV's first regular broadcast day to be celebrated")
The following list shows how WEAR-TV celebrated the 60th anniversary of their station's first regular broadcast day on Monday, January 13th (the anniversary date):
- The station's local morning news program "3 in the Morning" featured videos of its previous opening sequences, video of Bob O'Brien, a former weather reporter for the program, and a video montage of black and white images of the station's original broadcast facility in Pensacola, Florida (southeast of Mobile). You may access the opening sequences by visiting the official World Wide Web site for the station or by selecting this link to the section of the site with the opening sequences.
- The cover image on the official Facebook page for the station was changed to an image with the original broadcast facility for the station and its current broadcast facility in Pensacola, Florida (the original broadcast facility was demolished after the current facility was constructed beside it).
- Messages related to the anniversary were posted on the wall of the official Facebook page for the station such as a message encouraging visitors of the page to post how long they had been watching the station's programming in order to receive personalized responses from the presenters for "3 in the Morning" (this includes the news presenters Jared Willets and Nafessa (Lena) DeFlores and and weather reporter Christian Garman) and a message encouraging the visitors to select the "like" graphic on the page if they remember the "early days" of the station such as the day the (black and white) photograph that accompanied the messages was made (the photograph had unidentified persons and a camera with the call letters for the station).
- Images of old and recent images of Bob Solarski, one of the station's current news presenters, Allen Strum, one of its current weather reporters, and Dan Shugart, one of its current sports reporters, were posted on the wall of the official Facebook page.
- An image of Ric Renner, one of the station's former sports reporters, was posted on the wall of the official Facebook page along with a question about the year the image was made for visitors of the page to answer.
All Examiner.com articles about television and radio in Mobile, Alabama by the author are available in the Mobile TV Examiner section and the Mobile Radio Examiner section respectively. To learn about the most recent articles about TV and radio in Mobile, you may add distribution feeds for those sections to your Internet browsers (link for TV article feed and link for radio article feed) or subscribe to Examiner alerts for your electronic mailbox (link for TV article alerts and link for radio article alerts).