You may be surprised to know that when we eat matters. The people behind the site massivehealth.com want to show you data about our food and our health. A lot of the findings point out that starting the day with a healthy breakfast is a key factor in being healthy.
Part of their five month, seven million rating, and crowd sourced study is a look into when we eat and how that affects our eating and health habits. The full and complete infographic is located on their site, but the main points are as follows.
- Healthiness of food decreases by 1.7% for every hour that passes
- On average, dinner is 15.9% less healthy than breakfast
- Starting with a healthier breakfast leads to more healthy eating all day
- Skipping breakfast can lead to eating more the rest of the day
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the normally the unhealthiest eating days
- Generally one and half more junk food is consumed over weekends