We don't even have to admit it, the data is there. We eat less healthy than we think; and the worse our meal is for us, the more we deceive ourselves and less accurately rate the meal as unhealthy. The people behind the site massivehealth.com want to show you data about our food and our health.
Part of their five month, seven million ratings, and crowd sourced study is a look into what we think about our eating and health habits. The full and complete infographic is located on their site, but the main points are as follows.
- Most people eat 12.4% less healthy than they think
- Other people find your eating much more unhealthy that you do
- 72% of foods are rated healthier by the person eating than by others
- Following any type of diet is healthier than eating anything
- Low carb and vegetarian diets seem to be the healthiest
- Not all salads are good for you
- Fast food meals vary greatly from restaurant to restaurant