After Saturday’s action, here is a look at the West Coast Conference seeding scenarios.
Three seeds are officially decided with seeds No. 3 through 8 still undecided but at the very least the number of teams who can be locked into those spots has dwindled.
* - Locked into seed
1. Gonzaga (14-0)*
- Gonzaga has earned a double bye into the WCC semifinals.
2. Saint Mary’s (12-2)*
- Saint Mary’s has earned a double bye into the WCC semifinals.
- First time Saint Mary's is the No. 2 seed since 2010 (won WCC Championship)
3. BYU (9-5)
- BYU will be either the No. 3 or 4 seed and earned a bye into the WCC quarterfinals.
- BYU clinches No. 3 seed with a win vs. Gonzaga or a Santa Clara loss at Loyola Marymount.
- BYU owns the tiebreaker over Santa Clara (swept SCU).
4. Santa Clara (8-6)
- Santa Clara will be either the No. 3 or 4 seed and has earned a bye into the WCC quarterfinals.
- Santa Clara can become the No. 3 seed with wins over LMU and Saint Mary's and BYU losses to Gonzaga and LMU.
5. San Diego (6-8)
- San Diego will finish as the No. 5 or 6 seed.
- San Diego will claim the No. 5 seed with a win over San Francisco.
6. San Francisco (6-9)
- San Francisco will finish as the No. 5 or 6 seed.
- The Dons can claim the No. 5 seed with a win over San Diego (tiebreaker).
- A win over San Diego would give USF a season series split and give San Francisco the tiebreaker (RPI: USF 155, USD 174).
7. Pepperdine (4-10)
- Pepperdine will finish as the No. 7 or 8 seed.
- Pepperdine claims the No. 7 seed with a win over Saint Mary’s.
- Pepperdine owns tiebreaker over Portland (swept Pilots).
8. Portland (4-11)
- Portland will finish as the No. 7 or 8 seed.
9. Loyola Marymount (1-13)*
- Loyola Marymount will play in the first round matchup with the No. 8 seed.