An Affenpinscher has a busy media tour ahead after winning Best in Show at the 137th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York Tuesday night.
GCH Banana Joe V Tani Kazari took the title in front of a cheering crowd at Madison Square Garden, while dog lovers watched on USA Network. “Joe” was the winner of the Toy Group. He was the top-ranked Toy in the nation last year.
A young Old English Sheepdog, Bugaboo's Picture Perfect, won both the Herding Group and Reserve Best in Show. Westminster has not awarded a Reserve BIS since 1925.
Another story of the night came when the Russell Terrier, GCH Goldsand's Columbus, took fourth place in the Terrier Group. The Russell Terrier was one of two new breeds at Westminster this year.
According to WKC figures, 2,721 dogs were entered in the show, with 26 of the dogs scheduled to arrive from Missouri and eight from Kansas.
Here are the other Group winners from the two-day show.
- Hound: Ch Kiarry's Pandora's Box (American Foxhound)
- Non-Sporting: GCH Vogelflight's Honor To Pillowtalk (Bichon Frise)
- Sporting: GCH Mt View's Ripsnortersilvercharm (Pointer, German Wirehaired)
- Working: GCH Claircreek Impression De Matisse (Portuguese Water Dog)
- Terrier: GCH Slyfox Sneak's A Peek (Fox Terrier, Smooth)
For more information on Affenpinschers, visit affenpinscher.org, the website for the Affenpinscher Club of America.