If you live in Oklahoma, or you are vacationing in Oklahoma, most likely you are looking for Water Zoo in Clinton, Oklahoma reviews. The indoor water park opened in late 2012, and it seems to draw a huge number of visitors when it is open.
The Water Zoo is open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the school year, with longer hours during special times like Spring Break. Be sure you check out the Water Zoo website before making the drive to Clinton, OK just for the indoor water park.
When you first arrive at the Water Zoo, the children in your vehicle will get excited when they see all the colorful slides winding in and out of the building. The building is made of glass, and the roof is opaque. You can immediately see all the fun going on inside as you look for a place to park your car.
Once inside the Water Zoo, it can be overwhelming. The area you pay is also located where the lockers and the establishment's only refreshment counter is located, so it is loud and super busy. Also, be sure to arrive early if you would like to snag a locker because they go quickly during busy days. If you are going to rent a locker or buy refreshments, you will have to purchase the Water Zoo's special currency, which will be associated with the wrist band you receive when you pay.
Another thing you will notice is that there is no designated changing area in the Water Zoo, which is odd given that most people who visit will want to change into and out of their swimsuits. After you pay, there are showers immediately on your left, but there are no places just to change. If you walk past the lockers, there are bathrooms on the left. Still, there is no designated changing area, which caused plenty of guests to complain as they attempted to change while others were trying to shower or use the bathroom.
Once you walk into the water park portion of the Water Zoo, you will see three large slides to your left. On the right is an activity pool where kids can play water basketball. There is also a lazy river, a wave pool, and an infant zero depth play area with a small slide on the lower level. On the upper level, you will find a kids' play area that features three small slides, a larger slide, and various other attractions including a huge bucket that dumps out every so often.
All in all, there is a lot of family fun to be had at the Water Zoo in Clinton, OK. Below is a list of pros and cons.
- It is in Oklahoma! An indoor water park that is not in Texas or Kansas.
- It is inside, which means it is also 84 degrees, so you can enjoy the water fun whether it is cold, hot, raining, snowing or somewhere in between.
- It has plenty to do for kids and infants.
- You can get special Water Park deals with the Holiday Inn Express next door, and the Hampton Inn across the street.
- The three large water slides are not managed very well. With one worker in charge of all three, it makes for some crazy long wait times, which is not a fun way to spend your day at the Water Zoo especially considering that the slides do not last more than a minute or so.
- There are drafts during the slide wait. This can be pretty cold given the long wait times and the fact that most guests are wet while they're waiting.
- There are no changing areas.
- It is fairly expensive costing about $100 plus for a family of four. However, there are coupons and family passes available.
- It is not connected to a hotel, which can make for some cold walks to the car or to the Holiday Inn Express next door.
Holiday Inn Express in Clinton, OK Review
The Holiday Inn Express is next door to the Water Zoo, and it has the type of things you expect from the brand. There is a free hot breakfast, clean rooms, an exercise facility, free parking, Bath and Body Works brand toiletries, and free wifi. The hotel is just off Interstate 40, so you can hear the traffic noise, which can be distracting.
The fact that it is right next door to the Water Zoo makes it an ideal place to stay if you plan on staying over night in Clinton, OK. It is a newer hotel with incredibly friendly staff and a nice breakfast. Be sure you book the Water Zoo together with it if you plan to do both.
If you would rather not stay in a hotel, there are also campsites available to rent next to the Water Zoo, which could be a fun family adventure as well. You can book these online.