Skip to main content

Watch for poisonous plants

Tiger Lilies
Tiger Lilies
gardenersnet.com

Spring is almost here, only a few short days away, at least according to the calendar. Which means lots of beautiful green shoots wiggling their way up our of the ground. People aren't the only animals interested in these colorful signs of spring. Dogs are, too. And unfortunately, dogs like to chomp on the green shoots or flowers they find.

Some of the most common flowers and plants are poisonous to dogs. For instance, lilies of many varieties grace and embellish most homes in Schaumburg. After all, they grow fast, require little maintenance and are perennial. They are also poisonous. So are hydrangeas, daffodils and tulips.

If you think your dog has eaten some or all of a poisonous plant, contact your vet right away. For 24 hour vet care contact the Golf Rose Animal Hospital at (847) 885-3344. The hospital can also be found online at http://golfroseah.com/.

Have fun outside. Enjoy the temperatures above freezing. Just watch what Fido eats.

Comments