The Washington Theater was an old neighborhood theater on Washington Avenue between Grand and Kentucky.
Plans for the theater began with a shopping center in the 1920s, but a theater wasn't completed for nearly a decade. The theater, which opened in November 1936, sported a cobalt blue facing and a triangle marquee.
Several photos from the 1937 Flood were taken around Washington and Kenutcky and show the new theater submerged in standing water.
The cinema flourished for decades and was renamed Cinema 35 after 1971.
The theater couldn't keep up with the multiplexes and closed in 1983. The building was razed in 1988.