No contestant likes it when their low scores vote them off the show, “Dancing With the Stars.” Most leave graciously, until they eliminated the former NHL player Sean Avery. According to Radar Online, April 1, 2014, Sean told off the show’s executive producer.
At the end of “Dancing With the Stars,” on March 24, came the elimination round. Usually only one dance team is eliminated, but this time they shocked fans when two dance contestants were sent home. There is some speculation on why they removed Sean from the show.
According to an insider, before the show aired on Monday night, Sean called Conrad Green, the executive producer. His message was simple. He told Conrad to “go f**k himself,” then he hung up the phone.
The insider continued, “Sean getting the boot from the show was purely political and it stemmed from him being upset about a video package introducing his dance in which they portrayed him as a bad boy/playboy.”
The insider alleges that the judges got together and gave him very low scores during the competition to ensure his removal.
The video that the insider referred to was the one ABC released, featuring Elisha Cuthbert, Sean’s ex-girlfriend. The section they aired was when he referred to Elisha as his "sloppy seconds." The comment landed him in hot water with the NHL when he said it in 2008.
Sean said on Good Morning America, “I think we knew as of Monday last week our fate was sealed. I had conversation with Conrad Green, one of the producers. I was upset at the package they had run the week before. It was a very tacky attempt to show me as the bad boy of Dancing with the Stars. I think in reality TV or any competition, if you have a disagreement with the producers, that seals your fate quite early.”
The insider reports that by dismissing Sean because of what he said wasn’t fair to his dance partner, Karina Smirnoff. “The show wants to make things fair for Karina, a fan favorite, so they’re working on a deal with her to serve as a guest judge (at some time over) the rest of the season.”