Rousey, 27, finished off McMann with a gorgeous knee to the liver, as the Olympic wrestler crumpled to the mat from the impact of the shot.
"We studied her videos and knew it was the best thing to concentrate on the liver shot for this camp," Rousey said. "The knee has been working for me the most throughout sparring in this camp."
Rousey legitimately rocked McMann with the strike, but some UFC fans felt that ref Herb Dean could have let the destruction last for at least a bit longer.
After all, McMann sprung right up after Dean stepped in, and she appeared to be perfectly fine.
However, upon slow motion replay, it was clear that Dean made the right call by stepping in when he did.
"I thought it was a good fight. I got hit in the liver, and no matter how hard you train, you can't get your liver stronger," McMann said. "I hope to get a rematch and come back here and put on a better fight. I was trying to get back up, but it's my own fault. I should've gotten back to my feet quicker."
A ref is supposed to call a stop to the action when a fighter is no longer providing defense to protect themselves.
After Rousey's knee connected with McMann's liver, the former Olympian went down to the mat and stopped protecting herself.
With that said, Dean did right by calling a stop to the bout when he did.
Rousey's win sets her up for a title fight that will likely go down this summer against either Alexis Davis or Cat Zingano.
Cormier's win sets him up for a potential title fight against the winner of Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira.
Here's a look at the full UFC 170: Rousey vs McMann results:
- Ronda Rousey def. Sara McMann via TKO (strikes) — Round 1 (1:06)
- Daniel Cormier def. Patrick Cummins via TKO (punches) — Round 1 (1:19)
- Rory MacDonald def. Demain Maia via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mike Pyle def. T.J. Waldburger via TKO (strikes) — Round 3 (4:03)
- Stephen Thompson def. Robert Whittaker via TKO (strikes) — Round 1 (3:43)
- Alexis Davis def. Jessica Eye via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Raphael Assuncao def. Pedro Munhoz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Aljamain Sterling def. Cody Gibson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Zach Makovsky def. Josh Sampo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Erik Koch def. Rafaello Oliveira via TKO (punches) — Round 1 (1:24)
- Ernest Chavez def. Yosdenis Cedeno via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)