Without paying any attention to the passing days winter once again came sneaking up upon us. This is the time of the year the temperatures drop, snow falls and the chill in your bones never seems to ease.
Preparing a pot of vanilla cream is just what the chill factor calls for. This delicious cream is sure to warm your insides while sipping yourself into a cozy relaxing mood that’ll help you get through the cold, harsh days of winter.
- 8 cups of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or topping (optional)
- Add all the ingredients together into a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Place the cover on the pot and cook on the lowest setting for 2-3 hours.
- Check the pot often to ensure the liquid does not come to a boil.
- Transfer the liquid vanilla cream into individual glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon to garnish if you prefer before serving.
- Refrigerate any left-over cream immediately.
- Reheat in a small sauce pan on low the next day to enjoy again.
- Add some reheated cream to your morning coffee instead of milk or cream.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner.
Subscribe to any of my topics to receive e-mail updates (spam free) whenever I post a new article!