Going on now through September 16, 2014
Enjoy five, free, guided walking tours of the Warehouse District, Gateway District, PlayhouseSquare, Canal Basin Park in the Flats and the Civic Center. Each tour lasts approximately one and a half hours in length and features actors and actresses portraying important Clevelanders from the past, these tours are a fun-filled way to explore downtown Cleveland.
13,600 people have "taken a hike" during the last five tour seasons. In 2013, the Take a Hike program was recognized with an International Downtown Association Downtown Merit Award.
- Warehouse District Tour: Every Saturday at 10 AM: Meet in front of Constantino's Market (1278 West 9th Street).
- Canal Basin Park Tour: Every Sunday at 10 AM: Meet at Settler's Landing RTA Station (1025 West Superior Avenue).
- PlayhouseSquare Tour: Every Tuesday at 6 PM: Meet in the State Theatre Lobby (1519 Euclid Avenue).
- Gateway District Tour: Every Wednesday at 6 PM: Meet in the Arcade (401 Euclid Avenue).
- Civic Center Tour: Every Thursday at 6 PM: Meet in Old Stone Church (91 Public Square).
Reservations are appreciated but not necessary. (If we know to expect large numbers of attendees, we will arrange for a second tour guide to be available.) Groups of ten or more should call 216-771-1994 in advance. Donations are encouraged to help fund future tours. Tours take place rain or shine. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. And, don’t forget to bring along your water bottle on hot days.
The parking meters downtown are free on Saturdays and Sundays. They are also free after 6 PM on weekdays. Please read all parking-related signage on streets carefully to avoid getting parking tickets, especially in construction areas.
Take a Hike is presented by Dollar Bank. Take a Hike is supported in part by the residents of Cuyahoga County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. The tours also receive generous support from Ohio & Erie Canalway.
Program partners include Historic Warehouse District Development Corporation, PlayhouseSquare,Bob Zimmer of Keller Williams, Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Canalway Partners, Cleveland Magazine, and WDOK Cleveland’s New 102.
For more information about the Take a Hike tours, click here or call 216-771-1994.