Anthony Caporale, master mixologist and U.S. ambassador for Drambuie, created this reimagined version of the classic cocktail, the old fashioned, for the holidays. Instead of the usual bourbon or straight rye, Caporale uses Drambuie, an aged Scotch whisky blended with honey, spices, and herbs.
- 1 ½ fl oz Drambuie 15
- ½ fl oz Cherry Heering
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 brandied cherry, for garnish
1. Fill a double old fashioned glass with ice.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, and add the Drambuie and cherry heering.
3. Stir to chill thoroughly, and strain into the glass.
4. Add the orange bitters, and garnish with the brandied cherry.