With much of the NFL focus over the last week on the free agency market, many fans may not know that there is another race going on in many organizations across the country. That race is to be one of the young women to make their respective team's cheerleading/dance squad.
For those that make the squad for the 2014 season, they will get the opportunity to not only appear in front of thousands of fans during eight home games this season, but also do work in the community, plus take part in the annual swimsuit calendar photo shoot. One member of the team will also be selected at the end of the regular season to represent the squad at the annual Pro Bowl.
As the Chargers reported on their website (www.chargers.com), requirements to have a chance at making the squad include:
* You must be at least 18 years old by the date of the preliminary audition. There is no maximum age limit.
* Team members must have flexible schedules for twice-weekly rehearsals, games and appearances during and prior to the season.
* Team members must attend a mandatory weekend mini-camp.
* Team members must have a means of transportation.
* IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO MAKE A FULL ONE-YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE SAN DIEGO CHARGER GIRLS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT AUDITION.
All interested applicants should complete an application. REGISTRATION FEE: $20 Pre-Registered Applicant, $25 Walk-Up Applicant. Check or money order made payable to “e2k.” A 5x7 or larger (B&W or color, head shot or full body shot) photo is required. Photo will not be returned. Mail registration fee with completed application and photo to:
San Diego Charger Girls Auditions
P.O. Box 609609
San Diego, CA 92160
or drop-off at:
c/o: San Diego Charger Girls Auditions
4020 Murphy Canyon Road
San Diego, CA 92123
April 6, 2014 (Preliminary Audition)
April 9, 2014 (Interview Finals) FINALISTS ONLY
April 10, 2014 (Dance Finals) FINALISTS ONLY
LOCATION (Preliminary Audition Only)
TIME (Preliminary Audition)
9 a.m. Check-In. The audition will start promptly at 10 a.m.