Here’s your chance as a dedicated green business owner to take a leadership role on climate issues.
Join elected officials, federal agency representatives, experts from local government, scientists and other business leaders for the 5th Annual Southeast Florida Regional Climate Leadership Summit.
Last year’s event, hosted by Palm Beach County, was a great success. This year’s Summit will take place on November 7th and 8th at the Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale, where a lively and highly informative program is planned.
Highlights will include:
- A Congressional Town Hall featuring U.S. representatives from southeast Florida and other coastal states.
- A workshop on innovative tools for local adaptation.
- A panel featuring local officials from the Northeast and mid-Atlantic discussing recovery from Superstorm Sandy.
- A panel highlighting federal agency leadership on climate issues.
- Many other panels and guest speakers.
Out-of-towners take note: A discounted block of rooms has been arranged at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel. Summit attendees registering by October 16, 2013, will receive a reduced room rate, complimentary parking and in-room WiFi, as well as access to all the hotel’s amenities, including a pool, fitness room, and business center. To make your reservations, click here.
For more information about the 5th Annual Southeast Florida Regional Climate Leadership Summit or to register for the event, click here.
You can obtain the latest news and advice on green products and practices right here by clicking on the Subscribe button at the top of this page for regular updates.
To access an extensive archive of green business articles, click on my name.
And if you like an article, please share it on Twitter or Facebook.