On July 8, Walt Disney World Resort released its musical line-up of acts that will participate in the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Twenty-two bands will be part of this year’s Eat to the Beat! concert series, five of them new to the annual foodie festival.
Eat to the Beat! concerts showcase performances by well-known bands and represent a number of musical styles, with an emphasis on pop and rock. The five new acts to join the Eat to the Beat! schedule are Jo Dee Messina, Fuel, Jim Brickman, Los Lonely Boys and David Cook. These additions join 17 returning acts, such as Air Supply, The Pointer Sisters, Boyz II Men, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas.
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs Sept. 19-Nov. 10 at Walt Disney World Resort, adding an extra week at the beginning of the seasonal event for a total of 53 days.
The Eat to the Beat! concerts take place at the America Gardens Theatre, at the American Adventure pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. These performances take place each night, at 5:30 p.m, 6:45 p.m and 8 p.m. daily.
- Sept. 19-21: New! Jo Dee Messina (”Lesson in Leavin’”)
- Sept. 22-23: The Pointer Sisters (“I’m So Excited”)
- Sept. 24-25: Rick Springfield (“Jessie’s Girl)”
- Sept. 26-27: Christopher Cross (“Sailing)
- Sept. 28-29: Hanson (“I Will Come to You”)
- Sept. 30-Oct. 2: Air Supply (“All Out of Love”)
- Oct. 3-5: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas (“We Built This City”)
- Oct. 6-8: Sugar Ray (“Fly”)
- Oct. 9-10: New! Fuel! (“Shimmer”)
- Oct. 11-12: Sister Hazel “All For You”)
- Oct. 13-14: Richard Marx (“Hold On to the Night”)
- Oct. 15-16: Billy Ocean (“Caribbean Queen”)
- Oct. 17-19: Night Ranger (“Sister Christian”)
- Oct. 20-22: Smash Mouth (“Walkin’ On the Sun”)
- Oct. 23-24: New! Jim Brickman! (“Valentine”)
- Oct. 25-26: New! Los Lonely Boys! (“Heaven”)
- Oct. 27-28: Wilson Phillips “(Hold On”)
- Oct. 29-31: Dennis DeYoung, original member of the group STYX (“Come Sail Away”)
- Nov. 1-2: 38 Special (“Caught Up in You”)
- Nov. 3-5: Boyz II Men (“End of the Road”)
- Nov. 6-7: New! David Cook (“The Time of My Life”)
- Nov. 8-10: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (“Go Daddy-O”)
(Schedule and lineup subject to change; songs listed above are for recognition purposes and may not be performed during the concerts.)
Guests who plan on attending an Eat to the Beat! concert as part of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival visit should be aware that some performances are quite popular. Because many acts return to the festival year after year, they can and do build up a following of locals and tourist who visit the fall foodie event each years. Some Eat to the Beat! shows, especially on weekend nights, can be crowded. Be prepared to arrive at the America Gardens Theatre early if a particular act is a priority.
The 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival marks the event's 19th year at Walt Disney World Resort. In addition to the complimentary Eat to the Beat! concerts, the seasonal event features opportunities to eat and drink “around the World” with its International Marketplace Kiosks, to participate in inexpensive demonstrations and seminars, and the opportunity to attend premium and special food-and-beverage events. These elements of the festival do cost extra, although admission to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is included with theme-park admission. Some aspects – like the Eat to the Beat! concert series – are free.