As one might expect for New Year’s Eve, Magic Kingdom theme park showcases the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular. For a prime viewing location, Tomorrowland Terrace will offers its New Year’s Eve fireworks dinner and dessert party.
Disney guests who are foodies might consider heading to Epcot, where the World Showcase offers several New Year’s dining options that cover lunch and dinner.
- Mexico: La Hacienda de San Angel hosts a New Year’s Eve dinner
- Germany: Biergarten Restaurant holds lunch and dinner celebrations
- Canada: Le Cellier Steakhouse offers three seatings.
Worth noting is New Year’s Eve dining at Monsier Paul, France. The restaurant will offer seatings throughout the day and evening starting at noon. The New Year’s lunch experience offers three courses (appetizer, entree and dessert) from noon until 6:30 p.m. for $75 (per person, plus tax and gratuity). There are two dinner seatings, at 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., for $195 (per person, plus tax and gratuity). Dinner will include Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Champagne, an appetizer, fish course, meat course, as well as a dessert. Admission to Epcot is required and not included in the price of the meal.
The World ShowPlace pavilion also will host a New Year’s Eve party.
Note: Due to WDW crowds, park hopping is not recommended on New Year’s Eve.
New Year’s Eve 2013 dining at WDW resorts
WDW hotels offer for Disney foodies who choose to ring in the New Year 2014 with some signature dining experiences as well as more casual table-service dining. Special dining options are planned for lunch and dinner at the following locations.
- Disney’s BoardWalk: Flying Fish Café
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: California Grill
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Citricos, Victoria & Albert’s and Narcoossee’s
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon Cafe (lunch and dinner)
Disney guests who would like to celebrate the start of 2014 with a hearty New Year’s Day breakfast or brunch may carbo-load at the following locations:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Boma – Flavors of Africa (New Year’s Day breakfast)
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: California Grill and Chef Mickey’s (New Year’s Day brunch)
New Year’s Dining at WDW Swan and Dolphin
Restaurants at the WDW Swan and Dolphin, located on-property but not owned and operated by Disney, also offer special dining for dinner on Dec. 31, 2013.
- Garden Grove offers a New Year's Eve buffet with Disney characters between 5 p.m. – 9:30 p.m
- Il Mulino New York Trattoria will hold two dinner seating between 5 – 11 p.m.. Seating one takes place from 5 – 6:30 p.m. and offers a regular menu. Seating two is a two-hour preset menu from 7 – 11 p.m. Guests with reservations after 9 p.m. will enjoy party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
- Shula’s Steak House will hold two seatings for dinner, the first from 5 – 6:15 p.m. and the second from 7 – 11 p;.m. The first seatings order from the regular menu, the second seatings will have a four-course prix fixe menu.
- Todd English’s bluezoo will offer both a regular menu and a special New Year’s Eve menu from 5 – 11 p.m.
New Year’s dining at Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney also offers some New Year’s Eve dining options.
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Café will serve a special three-course New Year's Eve Menu available only in the dining room
- Portobello will also offer a three-course New Year's Eve Pre Fixe menu
For information on New Year’s dining options and reservations, guests can call 407/WDW-DINE. While the above restaurants tend to book early, many other Walt Disney World restaurants will feature special menus for New Year's Eve 2013.