The Walt Disney World Resort has been testing MyMagic+ MagicBand-only. Currently, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s All Star Resorts are the only hotels involved in the test. However, starting on Monday, January 6, the MagicBand only will be expanding to include the other Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
For the resorts with MagicBand-only, guests will be given a MagicBand in place of their Key to the World card. It will replace all functions of the card, including park tickets, room entry, FastPass+, Disney Dining Plan credit redemption and touch-to-pay.
Guest can still request to have a Key to the World card but it not be able to receive regular FastPasses from the current FastPass system. The current system will no longer be in use for Walt Disney World Resort guests by the end of January 2014. At that time, all Walt Disney World Resort guest will be selecting their FastPasses using the FastPass+ system on the My Disney Experience website, app or on-site kiosks.
The following are the dates and resorts of the expansion of MagicBand-only:
- Jan. 6: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Jan. 7: Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
- Jan. 8: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Jan. 9: Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Jan. 10: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Jan. 13: Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
- Jan. 14: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Jan. 15: Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Jan. 16: Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Jan. 17: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Jan. 20: Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
To book a Walt Disney World, fill out my Magical Journeys price quote form.