Raymond Brown, a Photo of Goofy
To help usher in the new year Disney has an exciting marathon planned, The Disney World Marathon. The marathon weekend will begin January 7, 2010. There will be a series of events for everyone to join. The weekend events include:
- Walt Disney World® Marathon is a one day event January 10, 2010. This will be the culmination of the weekend. The low for the day is expected to be around the low 30s, and the high around the low 50s. All are encouraged to bring layers of cloths to begin the race. As the race continues all may remove their layers accordingly and the layers will be donated. This will be a 26.2 mile run. This run will take the participants through all 4 theme parks in Disney world beginning with Epcot, then Magic Kingdom, followed by Animal Kingdom, continuing to Hollywood, and returning to Epcot.
- Walt Disney World® Half Marathon is a one day event January 9, 2010. This will be a 13.1 mile run that traverses Magic Kingdom finishing in Epcot.
- Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge is a two day event January 9-10, 2010. There will be a half marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday for participants. All finishers will recieve the goofy medal.
- Disney/Pixar UP & Away Family Fun Run 5K will be a one day event January 8, 2010. This will be a 5K run in which all members of the family may participate in that winds through Epcot.
- The Mickey Marathon Kids Fest is a two day event January 8-9, 2010. There will be entertainment and disney races for children of various age groups. Also included is the Mickey Mile, a timed event that includes: t-shirt, finisher medallion, certificate, goofy bag, and personalized bib.
- The health and fitness expo is a three day event January 7-9, 2010. It will focus on health and fitness. There will be celebrity appearances, seminars, and opportunities to test new running equipment
For more info visit: Disney Wide World of Sports