Walmart will offer a no contract iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 starting on Jan. 11, 2013.
Using the Straight Talk Wireless plan, customers will pay $45 per month for a no contract unlimited talk, text and data plan. See a breakdown of costs below.
Walmart is offering payments of $25 per month for the phone when it is purchased with a Walmart credit card.
How much is the Walmart no contract iPhone under the Straight Talk plan?
- iPhone 5 (black or white) - $649 for the 16GB model only
- iPhone 4 (black or white) - $449 for the 8GB model only
What plans are available for the Straight Talk no-contract plans?
- $45 – No Contract Monthly Plan with Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data.
- $60 – No Contract Monthly Plan with Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data PLUS
- Unlimited International Calling to more than 1,000 destinations in Mexico, Canada, India, and in other countries.
Read more about the Straight Talk plan here.
Will you save money getting a no-contract iPhone?
- If you purchase the iPhone for $649, your first year's expense (with a $45 per month plan) would be $1,189 before tax. That is $99 per month for unlimited service and the iPhone.
- If you purchase the iPhone 4 for $449, you will pay $98 for your first year using the $45 per month plan. That is $82 per month for both the phone and monthly service before tax.