According to long-standing friends and acquaintances of Dayna Morales, almost everything the New Jersey waitress serves comes with a side order of lies. According to NBC New York, as of yesterday they also come with a refund — at least so far and in selected cases.
After Morales, who is gay, went public with a story that customers had stiffed her, writing on their receipt, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle," a PayPal account was set up in her name by people sympathetic with her plight. Donations began pouring in from all over the world. One of the donors, Brittney Stilgenbauer of Tuscon, told NBC:
I felt awful for her, and I thought it would be great if people could come together and donate a dollar each and make up for her tip that she lost.
After about a month, the customers whose receipt Morales had claimed carried the anti-gay message came forward and exposed the story as a lie. They had written in a generous tip on the receipt and nothing more. They even presented their credit card bill to prove their story was on the up-and-up.
That Morales’s story was on the down-and-down became obvious, as those who knew her came forward. It turns out she had lied about everything from serving in Afghanistan as a Marine to being the only member of her squad to survive an enemy attack to having been raped and impregnated by her father. Yesterday, it was reported that she had even lied about donating a portion of the tips she collected via PayPal to the Wounded Warriors Project.
But, as NBC notes, this week three people who sent money to Morales’s PayPal account said their electronic donations were refunded. Has Dayna Morales turned over a new leaf? Stilgenbauer, who initially set up the PayPal account in her name, hopes so. "Hopefully her heart was in the right place and she's sorry," she said.
Then again, Morales insists she has been telling the truth all along.
- Wounded Warriors has no record of donation from lying lesbian waitress
- Waitress who lied about anti-gay note from customer was dishonorably discharged from Marines
- Waitress who says she was stiffed because she was gay lied
- Mother of ‘victim’ now prime suspect in racist graffiti investigation
- Woman wants state to recognize her same-sex marriage … so she can end it
- Census Bureau faked jobs report month before 2012 election
- A confused Nancy Pelosi attempts — and fails — to wriggle out of her own Obamacare lie
- Manufacturing racism: The Oberlin College race hoax
- Ms. Marvel of Marvel Comics to return … as Muslim teen
- Hallmark rewrites lyric of popular Christmas carol to avoid offending … who?
- Universal Studios cancels gay Superman show
- White House celebrates Bisexual Visibility Day with official closed-door event
- Protests force closure of bakery that refused to bake gay wedding cake
- Rent out your teat to gay parents: Women only need apply
- Why are liberals willing to tolerate black intolerance toward gays?
- New campaign joyously proclaims to expectant parents ‘Congratulations, you’re having a lesbian’