Last November Washington voters approved passage of Washington Initiative 502, effectively establishing a billion dollar business/industry in the state.
In December, the Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) began the lengthy process of implementation of the initiative.
Today, the WSLCB announced it would hold six evening public forums across Washington regarding Initiative 502. The forums are an opportunity for interested citizens to meet WSLCB staff involved in implementation, learn of updates on implementation and provide input to the board for it to consider as it develops rules.
“Clearly there is passion about what Washington’s system of legal marijuana will look like when fully implemented,” said Board Chair Sharon Foster. “This is an opportunity for the public to meet the Board and staff involved in implementation, learn about our role in implementation, and to provide testimony. We appreciate the cooperation of the Association of Washington Cities for their help in arranging these forums.”
Following is the 2013 schedule of meetings:
- 1/22 - WSLCB Headquarters, Conference Room 201, 3000 Pacific Ave SE, Olympia
- 1/24 - Seattle City Hall, Bertha Knight Landes Room, 600 Fourth Ave, Seattle, WA
- 02/7 - Clark College, Vancouver, Foster Auditorium, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver
- 02/12 - Spokane City Hall, Council Chambers, 808 W Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane
- 02/19 - Skagit Valley College, Mt. Vernon, Theater, 2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon
- 02/21 - Yakima City Hall, Council Chambers, 129 North Second St, Yakima
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Open house with Board and staff
- 7:00 – 7:05 p.m. Board welcome
- 7:05 – 7:15 p.m. Overview of Board’s role in implementation and timeline
- 7:15 – 10:00 p.m. Public testimony
Additional information regarding the implementation of I-502 is available on the WSLCB website.