On Wednesday, the Independent Journal Review reported that a number of voting irregularities were taking place in the New Jersey Senate election between Republican Steve Lonegan and Democrat Cory Booker. Citing tweets from the Lonegan campaign, the IJR indicated the problems seem to be centered in conservative districts.
According to the Lonegan campaign, voting locations are closing down, opening late, and voters who weren’t sent a “write-in” ballot are being forced to submit provisional voting ballots.
"COULD NOT VOTE TODAY! My voting loc. closed minutes before arrival - smell of gas. No back-up plans," one person tweeted.
"At 8:25A we were told that a polling place in Morris Co was closed & voters turned away. Plz contact us if U were turned away," the Lonegan campaign tweeted.
The Journal Review said that many were told that they were not on the voting rolls when they showed up at polling places. Having not been registered, they could not vote via machine, and would have to vote by provisional ballot, the IJR added.
In an update, the IJR said that machines were down in Morristown, Carterette, Middletown, Bridgeton, and Montgomery districts. The IJR identified the districts as conservative.
On Wednesday afternoon, the Lonegan campaign asked voters to contact them if they observed any voting irregularities.
"If you have seen any voting irregularities or been denied the right to vote, please contact our office- 201-465-4751 or visit our website," the campaign said on Facebook.
Sarah Palin, nationally syndicated radio talk show host Mark Levin and Amy Kremer, leader of Tea Party Express, participated in a rally for Lonegan over the weekend at a racetrack in Egypt, New Jersey.
Polls will remain open in New Jersey until 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- Ohio poll worker accused of voter fraud, admits voting twice for Obama
- Site says Obama stole election through voter fraud
- Cory Booker supporters to white Republican: 'Go back where you came from'
- Citing voter fraud, petition at White House web site demands recount of election
- Fraud: Some told they already voted, others brag about voting multiple times
- Report: Obama campaigner allegedly punches female voter in the face
- Emails: NC man under investigation for possible voter fraud, media silent
- North Carolina man brags on Facebook about voting multiple times for Obama
- Obama to supporters: Voting 'best revenge' against Mitt Romney
- RNC demands states re-calibrate voting machines before Election Day
- Voting machines in Kansas, Ohio reportedly changing Romney votes to Obama
- North Carolina voters say ballots cast for Romney being registered for Obama
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.