On Thursday, a volunteer for the Chicago Animal Care and Control in Ill., reached out to the National Dog News Examiner for assistance with a sweet dog who desperately needs to be rescued.
The dog, dubbed "Sugar," came in as a stray and her sweet disposition initially made her available for general adoption. Unfortunately, she has tested heart-worm positive and now, she can only be made available to a rescue agency.
The following tidbit was shared about Sugar:
She is VERY sweet....she is a tad shy with dogs, but is not aggressive at all..just needs slow intros. I would guess her at around 2 or so. She is about 45lbs
Another volunteer added that she,
Loves people, belly rubs and rolling in the grass.
If not for the heart-worm diagnosis, Sugar would have been available for adoption on July 20 - today, she needs the help of a rescue agency to save her life. Please take a moment to network this adorable girl's information and help her find the help that she needs to leave this facility.
- Sugar identification number A113003
- Facebook thread for Sugar here
- Labrador retriever mix
- Weight - approximately 45 pounds
- Learn more about why dogs are "rescue only" at this link
- If you’re a rescue group that wants to apply to pull from Chicago ACC, please fill out a Homeward Bound Application below and fax to 312-747-1409 along with your IL Dept. of Agriculture License and 501c3. http://tinyurl.com/HOMEWARDBOUNDAPP
If you would like to continue receiving the latest dog-related news, tips and advice, please click the word "Subscribe," near the top of the article. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more stories and updates.