Volcanic eruption threatens rare chimpanzees in DR Congo

A chimpanzee rests in the grass in Virunga National Park.
A chimpanzee rests in the grass in Virunga National Park.
Photo: African Wildlife Foundation

Comments

• just sayin 5 years ago

who really cares? they will be eaten by the savages anyway

• Jodie J 5 years ago

I care and I believe hundreds of other people would also care about the chimpanzees if they were aware of this problem. I'm going to put this article on my facebook and twitter page. Thanks for doing this article.

• NP 5 years ago

I care too! Thank you for sharing this story!

• Neala 5 years ago

Anything that harms such a crucial habitat and its residents harms the planet.

Thank you for letting us know.

• Ann Garrison 5 years ago

I'm worried about the people.

• Erin (DC Travel Examiner) 5 years ago

How frightening! Seeing chimps in the wild is one of my dreams...

I've subscribed to your articles and would love for you to do the same. Was in Anchorage a few years ago and loved spending time at the big downtown farmers market.
    www.examiner.com/x-32787-DC-Travel-Examiner

• Sheila O'Connor - SF World Travel Examiner 5 years ago

yes thanks so much for letting us know, btw I typically DO delete vicious personal comments, it's a choice I make. Would you like to muually subscibe I wonder? best wishes.

• Jill 5 years ago

Well "just sayin" there are many things that could be said about your post. Unfortunately, you started typing and showed the whole world way more about yourself than I could ever say.
    Living only 30 miles from Glacier-Waterton International Peace Park I have a great love and reverence of all living things. Thank you so much for bringing this story to our attention Annie. It is through efforts such as yours that caring humans can assist our planet before it becomes the decaying ball so popular in science fiction.