Houston’s Discovery Green is the largest outdoor skating rink in the South at over 7,500 square feet of skating fun! This year there is also a “mini rink” just for toddlers.
Skating at Discovery Green is open through February 2, weather conditions permitting. The rink is located at 1500 McKinney. Admission most nights is $12 and includes skate rental.
Nightly specials includes
- Mondays are “Cheap Skate Night” when skating is only $5 per person.
- Tuesdays are “Jazz on Ice” with jazz music to skate to.
- Wednesday’s “Latin Nights on ICE” feature music provided by Mega 101.
- Thursdays are “Hot Nights on ICE” with DJs from Hot 95.7 and Mix 96.5 keeping people on the ice moving.
- Fridays are “Friday Night Flicks” with movies being shown. Guests can chose to skate and watch the movie or just settle in to enjoy the movie of the week.
- Saturdays are “Skate with Santa,” letting guests skate with Santa Claus!
The ice rink does close due to weather conditions, so check their website at http://www.discoverygreen.com/ice or call them at 713-400-7336 for additional information.