Many people with eye problems have never been told about Vision Therapy. Some patients may have even been told it is too late for them and their eyesight is too far gone. In other words they will need to keep getting prescriptions glasses that are stronger and stronger. In the case of visual or learning disabilities in children, Vision Therapy is directed toward solving the problems that interfere with reading. The answer is not always a pair of glasses but a set of exercises that reduce the stress that is the cause of visual problems showing up as different forms of eyestrain. The body, mind and soul all act together to form the health of the being.
What is poor vision
These different forms of eyestrain can cause the eyeball to shorten or elongate depending on the set of circumstances surrounding the stress and strain of the child or adult. Eyestrain is a result of reading and other types of stress that are produced in the home, school or work environment. Poor vision is the result of your eye shape. You need to keep getting different prescriptions because the course of the strain and your eye shape changes daily. Looking through a lenses to see all day, contacts or glasses, places a lot of stress on the eyes also. Contacts are very drying to the eyes and that adds stress. If you start the process of wearing lenses or glasses as a child or teen you are in for a lifelong process of eye problems.
Eyeglasses are just a crutch, they help you to function in life while your eyes are weak and you are having trouble seeing, but they do nothing to strengthen your eyes and help you to break free from the strain and needing the crutch.
Vision therapy is not new but it is holistic therapy that has not been acted on
Some eye doctors also give parents exercises for their young patients and old alike, to do along with a new set of eyeglasses, but either the parent or child or both ignore these exercises and therefore the eyestrain increases and so does your poor vision and so do your visits to the doctor. Vision therapy is more than just eye exercises. You will notice a difference in your vision by doing the exercises over just the course of one week. After doing the exercises for one month your vision show increased improvement more so than wearing your eyeglasses has done for you in the past year. Keep doing the eye exercises as a regular part of your day or every other day, for the rest of your life.
Use it or lose it, your eyesight
If you had a weak muscle in your arm and the doctors said instead of doing exercises to increase its strength he said let’s put your arm in a sling. What would happen is the muscle would get weaker and weak, shrinking the muscle into atrophy. The same thing happens with your eyes. Your eyes are living muscle tissue. If you do not work them out and use them, they will lose their effectiveness just like any other muscle in your body. Without eye muscles your eyes would not see properly. Simple exercises as keeping your mouth closed instead of hanging open all day, thrusting your tongue up into the roof of your mouth and looking skyward and holding your mouth closed, and even yawning are ways you and your body can seek to find stress relief throughout the day for the eyes and face. Yawning aside from adding oxygen to the body also releases jaw tension and tension in the neck. A pliable, flexible eye muscle can take in more nutrients and be more valuable for your vision throughout the day.
The exercises only take a few minutes a day, it is not a lengthy process and they are something you can do while sitting down in your home.
- Warm your eyes by rubbing the palms of your hands together to create heat and healing energy, and placing them on your eyes until they start to cool. Do this 3 times.
- Roll your eyes. Start by looking up and roll your eyes all the way around the edges of their eye sockets, 10 times clockwise and 10 times counter clockwise.
- Hold a pen at arm’s length and focus on it. Slowly bring the pen closer until it is 6 inches away from you. Then slowly move it back, do this 10 times each.
- Massage your temples using your thumb knuckles. Massage your temples using small circles, 20 times clockwise and 20 times counterclockwise. Repeat this process over the mid-point of the eyebrows, and underneath the eye and at either side of the bridge of the nose.
- Your eye muscles need time to rest too. Get your eyes some rest and time to relax, repair and recover. Give your eyes time to rest each hour for ten minutes, get off the computer, TV or stop reading, playing video games or trying to see at a distance or looking at quickly moving object or people. Close them.
Add coconut oil and pistachios to your diet, along with the other fruits and vegetable high in vitamin A. Doing eye exercises will increase circulation and increase muscle and bone tissue. You use your eyes more than any other muscle of the body, and taking the time to increase the health and tone of your eyes will take the stress off your liver and the rest of your body.
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.