A new timelapse video of an average looking woman being altered to look like a supermodel has gone viral today, being featured on television, as well as in the New York Daily News and several British newspapers.
The short clip shows the woman arriving at a photo shoot with no makeup on and posing for the picture. A hair and makeup team rush in and paint the model's face. Her hair is elaborately styled.
Then, the photo is taken. The rest of the video shows just how much is often done to manipulate images after the fact. The photo editor makes the woman’s eyes and lips bigger, and shrinks her nose. She is radically slimmed down and her neck and legs are given additional length.
It's a rather shocking look behind the curtain at how magazines and advertisements come into creation in the digital age.
The video has racked up well over a million views since originally being posted on Sunday.
NOW READ THIS...
- Watch Steve Ballmer's bizarre 'goodbye' speech to Microsoft employees
- Netflix: 'Orange is the New Black' is our most successful original show
- Enjoy this disturbing video of Bill Gates dressed as Austin Powers
- Confused investors cause bankrupt Tweeter stock to soar
- BlackBerry 10 gets NATO's seal of approval
- Instagram is coming to Windows Phone