It's almost time for Villains Unleashed at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney is slowly leaking information, as well as the official event map and some schedule items to look forward to.
This is a new hard ticketed event taking place on Aug. 23 from 8:00p.m. to 1:00a.m. Guests with tickets for the Villains event can enter the park as early as 5p.m.
Villainous Greetings are set to run from 8:00p.m. to 12:30a.m.. Characters appearing intermittently include:
- Darth Maul
- Boba Fett
- Darth Vader
- Emperor Palpatine and the Royal Guards
- Cruelle de Vil
- Dr. Facilier
- Bowler Hat Guy
- Constantine from "Muppets Most Wanted"
- Shan Yu
- The Queen
- Captain Gantu
- Dr. Hamsterviel
- Captain Hector Barbossa (departing at 11:30p.m.)
- Maleficent in the Moors (departing at 11:30p.m.)
- The Witch
Wandering intermittent evil will appear from 8:30p.m. to 1:00a.m. near the following locations:
- Captain Hook
- Mr. Smee
- Queen of Hearts
- Big Bad Wolf
- Governor Ratcliffe
Streets of America
- Judge Claude Frollo
- Lady Tremaine
- Anastasia & Drizella
- Prince John
- Sheriff of Nottingham
- J. Worthington Foulfellow
Near Star Tours
- Zam Wesell
- Aurra Sing
- Tusken Raiders
- Asajj Ventress
- Jango Fett
- Gamorrean Guard
Near Epic Stunt Theater
- Shenzi, Bonzai & Ed
- Br'er Fox
- Br'er Bear
Like other hard ticketed events, this one will be full of fun and special entertainment including character greetings (as listed above), dance parties, shows and Fireworks.
- Hades Hangout (Sorcerer Hat Stage): Join Hades, Meg, Pain and Panic and a roster of Disney Villains to kick of the evening's events at 8:00p.m. Then part the night away with Underworld Dancers, DJ Igg Nite and live music from Bernie Briquette and Brimstone.
- "Villainy in the Sky" Fireworks Spectacular: 12:45p.m. -Hades summons the mistress of all evil. Maleficent, to conjure up a devilishly dazzling display of pyrotechnics for a fiery grand finale
- Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show-Theater of the Stars: 8:30p.m., 9:30p.m., 10:30p.m. and 11:30p.m.-Experience a thrilling series of extreme performance hosted by the original "Master of Scare-amonies", Oogie Boogie.
- Fantasmic!-Hollywood Hills Amphitheater-10:00p.m.-Arrive by 9:35p.m. for a special pre-show with the Night Crawlers, a gang of henchmen from the "Houses" of some of Disney's most wicket villains, and then watch as the villains take over Mickey's dreams in this breathtaking water and fireworks extravaganza
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party-8:00pm-12:45a.m.-Steer clear of Korath and Nebula by ducking into the hottest spot this side of nowhere, with an out-of-this-world DJ and other surprises.
Look for more Villainous fun at :
- Club Evil (The Hollywood Brown Derby)-Discover evil potions and tempting food offerings at this surprise-filled speakeasy, featuring cabaret singer Torchella belting out some of Disney's best-loved villainous tunes
- Villains ExScream Makeovers (Mickey Avenue and Echo Lake)-Complimentary face-painting to show off your Disney Villains side
Of course no party would be complete without commemorative merchandise including Adult t-shirts (men and women), a water bottle and a trading pin. Other Villainous merchandise will also be available throughout the park.
Be sure to capture all your magical moments on film with Disney's PhotoPass service, PhotoPass Photographers will be out for the character meet-and-greets and rumor has it there will be some special "bonus" content for those who purchase the PhotoPass CD.
I'm sure other specialty items will pop up, the Disney Parks Blog reported a glow cube shaped like a poisoned apple.