Walt Disney World’s one-night only special event, Villains Unleashed! event, is quickly approaching. The hard-ticket event, featuring 50 Disney Villains, will take place Aug. 23 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Villains Unleashed! promises 50 Disney Villains in meet-and-greets, dance parties and shows, a special fireworks spectacular, and event merchandise and food. Some of the park’s most popular attractions will be open for this after-hours event, which runs from 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. (Guests with tickets may enter the park starting at 5 p.m. Disney’s Hollywood Studios closes to day guests at 7 p.m.
Tickets are still available for Villains Unleashed! Prices are $67 plus tax for adults, $62 plus tax for children 3-9.
The scheduled for Villains Unleashed! follows. As with any Walt Disney World event, the schedule is tentative and subject to change; check with the Times Guide for any changes.
The list of Disney Villains may not yet be complete, as Walt Disney World continues to release character updates. Also worth noting: According to unofficial Disney character site Kenny the Pirate, Disney Villains will not sign autographs, but will give out cards with their “signatures.”
Villains Unleashed! Schedule for entertainment and stages
- Villains Unleashed! Welcome: Sorcerer Hat Stage: 8 p.m
- Hades Hangout: Live music from Bernie Briquette and Brimston, plus DJ Igg Nite and the Underworld Dancers, at Sorcerer Hat Stage: 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show: an all-new show Theater of the Stars, Sunset Boulevard: 8:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m., 10:30p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party Animation Courtyard, Stage 5: 8 p.m to 12:45 a.m.)
- Fantasmic! with special pre-show: 9:35 p.m. pre-show, show begins at 10 p.m.
- Villainy in the Sky Fireworks: 12:45 a.m.
Villains Unleashed! Meet-and-greet locations & roaming characters
Some Disney Villains will have assigned meet-and-greet locations, while other will roam within an assigned area. Roaming Disney Villains appear from 8:30 to 1 a.m., although not necessarily during that entire period.
“Villainous Encounters” – Animation Courtyard
- Maleficent (until 11:30 p.m.): Animation Courtyard
- Hector Barbossa (“Pirates of the Caribbean”) (until 11:30 p.m.): The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
“Hades Hangout” – Sorcerer Stage area
Hades, Megara, Pain and Panic (stage hosts)
- Big Bad Wolf
- Captain Hook
- Governor Ratcliffe
- Mr. Smee
- Queen of Hearts
Echo Lake – Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Theater area
- Shenzi, Banzai and Ed
- Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear
“The Dark Side” – Star Tours area
- Boba Fett : Near Backlot Express
- Darth Maul: Star Tours area
- Darth Vader: Star Tours event stage area
- Stormtroopers: Star Tours area
- Emperor Palpatine and Royal Guards: Outside Sci-Fi Dine-In
- Asajj Ventress
- Aurra Sing
- Gamorrean Guard
- Jango Fett
- Tusken Raiders
- Zam Wesell
“Villains Dominion” – Streets of America
- Bowler Hat Guy (“Meet the Robinsons”)
- Captain Gantu (“Lilo & Stitch”)
- Constantine (Kermit the Frog’s evil doppelganger): Outside Stage One Company Store, Muppet*Vision 3D area
- Cruella de Vil
- Dr. Facilier (“The Princess and the Frog”)
- Dr. Hämsterviel (“Lilo & Stitch”)
- The Evil Queen from “Snow White”
- Shan Yu
- Judge Claude Frollo
- J. Worthington Foulfellow (“Honest John”)
- Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella
- Prince John and Sheriff of Nottingham
- The Witch from “Snow White”
DHS open attractions
- The Great Movie Ride (until 11:15 p.m.)
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Star Tours
- Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania (until 11:30 p.m.)
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Special Villains Unleashed! food – including cupcakes, hot dogs, specialty drinks and a small-plate menu – may be purchased at Club Evil, more often referred to as the Hollywood Brown Derby. Event-specific merchandise – t-shirts, pins, water bottles – may be found at the Studio Prop Shop, located across from the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground; other park locations will also sell merchandise.
Villains Unleashed! will also offer other activities, such as the Villains “ExScream” Makeover – complimentary face painting stations around Echo Lake. Such activities may be a good fit for costumes, which are welcomed at the event. (Note: Walt Disney World’s guidelines for Villains Unleashed! notes that choose should note be obstructive, offensive or violent and that guests’ eyes must be visible at all times.)