The builder / traditionalist generation has been referred to as the greatest generation because of their dedication to the American principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This is demonstrated by their total commitment to freeing oppressed peoples during World War II.
They were not the first generation to demonstrate this honorable promise. As a generation was growing up they heard stories about their fathers and uncles who had made a similar sacrifice during World War I. They heard stories about great battles excellent commanders so they had great faith in military leaders. When a call came forth of the need to combat the oppression of Hitler’s Germany in the early formation of the Soviet Union they stepped up without hesitation.
Recalling the stories of their ancestors and a successful outcome of the First World War members of this generation had full faith in the lieutenants, majors, admirals, sergeants, platoon leaders and other authority figures under whom they served.
Because of this military experience builder generation developed a tremendous respect for loyalty to figures of authority. Long after the war was over generational members still continued to respect authority and patiently await command from their leaders.
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail