The Vietnam Veterans of America will conduct a used clothing and household good drive in and around Brockport, NY on March 13th.
Winter is almost over and this is the perfect way to get a head start on spring cleaning. Call Vietnam Veterans of America (1-800459-8387) and they’ll come by your house to pick up your discarded clothes and household goods.
What VVA does with your donations
The Vietnam Veterans of America sells your donated household goods to private companies by annual bid.
Those funds raised by the clothing drive provide over half of VVA’s annual budget to support local, state and national service programs (including aid for homeless veterans, Agent Orange related health programs, improved hospital care for veterans with disabilities, PTSD programs, etc.).
Vietnam Veterans of America needs
- Clothing (men’s, women’s, children’s, all types, all sizes)
- Clothing accessories
- Shoes (any and all kinds)
- Any and all bedding items
- Curtains and draperies
- Housewares (pots, pans, flatware, dishes)
- Toys, games, bicycles, tricycles
- Small appliances and TVs
- Tools (all kinds)
Here’s all you have to do
* Call VVA for a truck to stop at your home
If VVA does not do pickups in your zip code, they will tell you who to contact (United Veterans of America, Lupus Foundation, United Children's Fund , etc.) for a pickup in your area.
Or schedule a pickup online at www.vvapickup.org
- If your zip code is not listed, contact VVA at email@example.com or call 1-800459-8387 for more information.
- Put items on your porch by 8:00 A.M. on the scheduled day (regardless of the weather)..
- Clearly mark your bags or boxes “For VVA”
- You don’t have to be home.
- The driver will leave a tax deductible receipt.