Many of us have extra winter clothes in the closet that we don’t wear anymore. Call Vietnam Veterans of America, or log onto their website, and they’ll come by your house and pick up your discarded clothes and household goods.
- Call VVA at 1-800459-8387 to have a truck stop at your home
- Or schedule a pickup online at www.vvapickup.org
If your zip code is not listed, contact VVA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800459-8387 for more information.
The date of the pickup depends on where you live.
14420 Tuesday 1/28/14
14624 Monday 2/3/14, Tuesday 2/4/14
14612 Thursday 1/30/134
14615 Friday 2/7/14, Monday 2/10/14
14616 Monday 2/10/14, Tuesday 2/11/14
14626 Friday 1/31/134
14464 Tuesday 1/28/14
14468 Wednesday 1/29/14
14559 Tuesday 1/28/14, Wednesday 1/29/14
If VVA doesn’t do clothes pick-ups in your neighborhood, they tell you who will take you clothing discards.
What VVA does with your donations
Vietnam Veterans of America sells your donated household goods to private companies by annual bid. Those funds provide over half of VVA’s annual needs to support local, state and national service programs (e..g. homeless veterans, Agent Orange related health programs, improved hospital care for veterans with disabilities),
What VVA needs
Vietnam Veterans of America especially needs Knick Knacks.
- Clothing (men’s, women’s, children’s, all types, all sizes)
- Clothing accessories
- Shoes (all kinds)
- All bedding items
- Draperies & curtains
- Housewares & glassware
- Jewelry & cosmetics
- Toys, games, bikes
- Small appliances & TVs
- Tools (all kinds)
Here’s all you have to do
It’s as easy as eating pie.
- Schedule a pickup online at www.vvapickup.org or by phone1-800459-8387
- Put items on your porch by 8:00 A.M. on the scheduled day (rain or shine).
- Clearly mark your bags or boxes “For VVA”
- You don’t have to be home. The driver will leave a tax deductible receipt.
The more people who donate clothes the Vietnam Veterans of America,the more VVA can do to help veterans nationwide.