Come ride with me Saturday. Respect. Honor. Appreciation.
Call to Ride Kansas City!!!
Now is the time for all patriotic riders to show respect, honor, and appreciation for the service and sacrifice of their Vietnam service brothren.
This Saturday, September 12th, 2009 KC Metro area bikers will indeed let the thunder roll, as they motor from Hub Cycle to the Truman Presidential Library in a show of gratitude for nearly 1000 veterans of the armed conflict in Vietnam and attend the Vietnam Veterans Appreciation Event.
Riders from the following organizations will be onsite as the Patriot Guard Riders:
- Kansas Patriot Guard
- American Legion Riders 21, 370, 407
- Freedom Cruisers Ch 38
- Christian Motorcycle Association
From the Truman Presidential Library website:
Fifty years after the first U.S. casualties occurred due to the declared war by Ho Chi Minh, Congressman Emanuel Cleaver extends an invitation to family and friends to attend a Vietnam Veterans Appreciation Event. Each attending veteran will receive a certificate in honor of their service.
Riders will be staging at Hub Cycle, 100 E. 24 Hwy in Independence @ 1230 hrs. Per ALR Post 21, the plans are to "split into 2 groups and ride up both sides of the circular road in front of the library, and meet at the flagpole in front and park the bikes. When we dismount, we'll salute the flag during the National Anthem then be seated for the ceremonies which should last for an hour."
You don't have to be a rider to come to the ceremony either. Grab your American Flag and come stand the grounds of the Truman Library with your Vietnam Veterans and the Patriot Guard Riders. Lets have a fabulous show of Patriotism and lets give these Veterans the welcome Saturday, that they didn't get when they came home over 40 years ago
Check out these other Motorcycle Examiners:
- Hearings to save the future of youth motocross from CPSIA ban on lead in children's products - Spokane Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Saint Mary's Glacier and CO 103 Vistas - Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- My-motorcycle-adventures; heated gear and gloves - Baton Rouge Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Basket case motorcycle to world record holder--not a problem - National Motorcycle Examiner
- CV carburetor lowdown - Denver Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Health Care Reform and how motorcyclists may be affected - National Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Being seen on a motorcycle - Kansas City Motorcycle Examiner
- Motorcycle 101: Braking in a curve - Baltimore Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- One bright spot for motorcycle sales - Seattle Motorcycle Examiner
- The Blue Ridge Parkway -Newark Motorcycle Examiner
- Can-Am Spyder demo ride - first impressions - DC Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Million-mile rider Lyle Grimes dead at 79 - DC Motorcycle Examiner
- Michigan's best kept secret for bikers - Chicago Motorcycle Examiner