Video Games Live has announced today that it will hold a concert on June 11, right smack in the middle of E3 week at the Nokia Theater at L.A. Live, which of course, is right across the street from the LA Convention Center, where E3 is taking place.
“We typically like to keep our setlist a secret” says prolific game composer and Video Games Live creator/executive producer Tommy Tallarico, “but there are so many incredible performances, spectacular performers and industry special guests that I decided this time around to publish almost the entire setlist to the public as nothing like this has ever been attempted for a video game concert anywhere in the world! Since starting Video Games Live over 13 years ago, this particular show is definitely going to be one of our biggest and most exciting shows ever. Being partnered with E3 allows us to bring the entire industry together for a complete celebration of the gaming universe.”
Here is a sample setlist for what fans can expect to experience at the show:
- World premiere of music from Blizzard Entertainment’s highly anticipated upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, conducted by Audio Director and Composer Russell Brower.
- Tetris game creator Alexey Pajitnov along with Tetris executives Henk Rogers and Maya Rogers set to debut a new segment in celebration of the Tetris 30th Anniversary.
- YouTube sensation Malukah performing her song “Dragonborn Comes” from Skyrim (over 40 million+ views).
- The Interactive Musical World Premiere of Disney Interactive and Harmonix’s yet to be released breakthrough musical motion video game, Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved featuring DJ sensation Cole Plante and award-winning game composer Inon Zur.
- World premiere of League of Legends with composer Christian Linke. Including a special arrangement featuring world famous film score pianist/composer/conductor/orchestrator Randy Kerber (Star Wars, Titanic, X-Men, Forrest Gump, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, Resident Evil 5, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra) and flautist Amy Tatum (Call of Duty, The Sims, Yo-Yo Ma, Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder)
- Music from the Halo trilogy featuring composers Marty O’Donnell & Mike Salvatori.
- Award-Winning Composer Garry Schyman conducting a World Premiere of his music from BioShock: Infinite and the original BioShock featuring internet superstar violinist Taylor Davis (Violin Tay).
- YouTube vocal sensation Peter Hollens performing the World Premiere of his incredible Portal 2 arrangement (featuring Mystery Guitar Man).
- World Premiere of the “Aria Di Mezzo Carattere (Opera Theme)” from Final Fantasy VI arranged and performed by Jillian Aversa (God of War, Halo, Civilization, Soul Calibur) and Andrew Aversa (Street Fighter IV: Remix).
Grammy Award Winning composer Christopher Tin conducting the first and only Grammy Award Winning video game song “Baba Yetu” from Civilization IV featuring Peter Hollens.
- Video Game band Critical Hit to perform their World Premiere of Mega Man and Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft™. Critical Hit includes violinist Taylor Davis, Warcraft/Blizzard composer Jason Hayes, Grammy winning guitarist Laurence Juber (Paul McCartney, The Spy Who Loved Me, Dirty Dancing, The Muppet Movie, Pocahontas), cellist Ginger Murphy (Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Snoop Dog, Josh Groban, Red Hot Chilli Pepper), woodwind great Pedro Eustache (Paul McCartney, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Passion of the Christ, Yanni), award-winning pianist Salome Scheidegger, percussionist extraordinaire Joel Taylor (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, David Foster, Yanni) and world renowned bassist Carlitos Del Puerto (Bruce Springsteen, Sting, John Williams, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones)
- Austin Wintory conducting his Grammy Nominated music from Journey and the World Premiere of Banner Saga featuring Malukah & Peter Hollens on vocals and Taylor Davis on violin.
- Monkey Island featuring original LucasArts composer Peter McConnell!
- Blizzard/Zelda concert special guest Eimear Noone to conduct Kingdom Hearts.
- World Premiere of the critically acclaimed indie game Cave Story. Music written by Cave Story game designer Daisuke Amaya.
- Also performing Shadow of the Colossus, Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania and more.
Three lucky winners at the show will also get free music downloads for a year from Sumthing.com and there will be a pre-show costume contest as well.
For tickets, you can get them here.