According to a report posted by Inquirer Friday, March 14, 2014, Cedric Lee, Deniece Cornejo, Bernice Lee and Zimmer Raz went to the Court of Appeals requesting to stop the preliminary investigation on the complaint filed against him and several others by It's Showtime host Vhong Navarro.
The report said a writ of preliminary investigation might be issued by the Court of Appeals to stop the DOJ’s investigation into the alleged illegal detention and mauling of Vhong Navarro on Jan. 22.
The Inquirer revealed that the respondents to the petition Prosecutor General Claro Arellano, National Bureau of Investigation Director Virgilio Mendez and DOJ panel members Assistant State Prosecutors Olivia Tordesillas, Hazel Decena-Valdez and Marie Elena Herrera were given 10 days to comment on the issue.
As you all know, Cedric Lee, his sister Bernice, together with Deniece Cornejo, Zimmer Raz, Jed Fernandez, JP Calma and Ferdinand Guerrero are facing six criminal charges including serious physical injury, grave threats, grave coercion, illegal arrest, blackmail and serious illegal detention which is a non-bailable offense.
Meanwhile, in an interview with TV Patrol, the most trusted news program in the Philippines which airs on ABS-CBN, DOJ Sec. Leila De Lima insisted that the department has the authority to balance the case filed by Navarro against Lee and several others.
Hit this link and click subscribe to get instant update.
- Tony Calvento wants to stop posting updates of the Vhong Navarro-Cedric Lee case
- Tony Calvento admits receiving requests from Cedric Lee & Deniece Cornejo's camp
- Vhong Navarro returns; Deniece Cornejo, Roxanne Cabanero & Cedric remain silent
- Sarah Geronimo flaunts her short hair; Matteo Guidicelli likes her selfie photo
- Tony Calvento plays important role in the Vhong Navarro-Roxanne Cabanero case