Many people are use quotes in a card, on Twitter or as their Facebook status as a way to express their appreciation for all U.S. military veterans.
Show your support for our troops, past and present, by sharing a thoughtful quote or saying on Veterans Day.
Veterans Day quotes and sayings
- Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. -George S. Patton
Peace is not only better than war, but infinitely more arduous. -George Bernard Shaw
We make war that we may live in peace. -Aristotle
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. -Mark Twain
- Nobody ever drowned in sweat. -US Marines
- More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin. -Unknown
- In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. -José Naroski
- America's veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.- Steve Buyer
- Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
Check this map on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website to locate Veterans Day activities near you.
The 2013 Veterans Day National Ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m. ET on November 11 at Arlington National Cemetery.
The ceremony includes a wreath laying at the Tomb of the Unknowns and and will continue inside the Memorial Amphitheater with a parade of colors by veterans organizations as well as remarks from dignitaries.
Quote sources: Quote Garden, Brainy Quotes