If you’re a vegetarian who has always bemoaned the lack of true vegetarian entrées in Atlantic City, you can now rejoice! Nero’s has a new vegetarian menu. But Nero's is a steakhouse, right? Correction. Nero’s was a steakhouse. Now it’s Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi and there is a real vegetarian menu among the offerings.
In most Atlantic City restaurants you can get a big salad or a mish-mosh of vegetable sides. But now at Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi, you can get actual gourmet vegetarian entrees prepared by some of the area's finest chefs. Here’s a small sampling of the menu.
Starters to get your mouth watering:
- Mushrooms stuffed with Fontina cheese, pumpkin purée and chimichurri
- Wild Mushroom Flatbread with Taleggio cheese and truffle butter
- Edamame served with truffle butter and black sea salt
Do you like sushi?
- Vegetarian roll with spinach, asparagus and shiitake mushrooms
- Spicy avocado roll with avocado, cucumber, jalapeño, mango and spicy aïoli
Soup and Salad
- French onion soup with Sherry, Gruyére and Emmentaler cheeses
- Salt roasted beets with fresh Burrata cheese, watercress and a honey-hazelnut vinaigrette
If you’re really hungry, try a large plate:
- Potato gnocchi with wild roasted mushrooms and a Caciocavallo cheese sauce
- Eggplant braciole made from Seitan, lentils and a white bean purée, served with salsa verde
If you’re not so hungry, try a small plate:
- Roasted wild mushrooms
- BBQ giant White Beans
We won’t even talk about the desserts available. And this is by no means all they have.
If you’d like to see all the offerings, go to the Caesars Atlantic City web site, click on “Restaurants” at the top and then click on “Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi.” On the right-hand side you will see menus in .pdf format. Click on “Vegetarian.”
So. . . vegetarians rejoice! You now have a go-to gourmet restaurant in Atlantic City that you can call your own. And, naturally, it’s at Caesars, fit for an emperor and right in the center of the Boardwalk!