A hearty soup makes a delicious dinner on these final (potentially) cold nights. There are many variations of the basic tortellini soup recipe. This one is full of nutritious fresh vegetables. Served with a fresh loaf of bread, this will warm everyone at the table.
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/8" slices
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 3/4" slices
- 1 onion (1 cup), coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cans 14.5 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (13 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces (about 6 cups) baby spinach
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini. Cook according to package directions until tender.
- Stir in spinach. Cook until just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when served.
Serves 4 to 6.