Cous-Cous with Vegetables
- 2 cups whole wheat cous-cous
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 block (approx. 12 oz) of extra firm tofu
- 2 cups white mushrooms (crimini mushrooms also work)
- 1 large steak tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon non dairy butter (like Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- Two tablespoons olive oil (or preferred cooking oil)
Prepare cous-cous by following package directions. Usually, the directions are: boil broth and butter then add cous-cous and set to simmer for five-eight minutes covered.
In skillet, combine veggies and the cayenne, garlic, and pepper flakes with two tablespoons olive oil and sauté for 10 minutes until all vegetables are tender. Stir in the cous-cous and you have a very simple, very delicious and fiber-filled dish. Serves 4-6.